Friday, July 4, 2008

We're "special" in Honolulu!



As those of you who have bothered to read my profile already know, one of my all-time-favorite movies is Blazing Saddles. Those who've seen the movie will understand why the photo shown above is the result of me kneeling in the middle of the produce section at a certain local grocery store, laughing my @$$ off, while my husband whispered loudly in my ear to "get up, everyone's staring at you".

The rest of you need to go out and buy yourselves a sense of humor. Or rent the movie. Whatever.

So, I'm back from Maui. The store is looking great! A few issues: because the contractor was behind schedule (of course!), they hadn't finnished pulling cable for the data jacks. So I was unable to set up the nice little network I'd planned on. If you're an MCC student and wanna use a computer there, the only way to do it is by hopping on the UH network. If you're not sure how to access it, ask for AJ there at the store. He knows EVERYTHING.

Also, we were unable to locate some hard drives and ethernet cables we'd sent down from Manoa, and not all the Adobe software had arrived. Oh. And my nails look like crap now. One of them cracked horizontally across the friggin' middle and is bloody.

Ow.

On the upshot, got to see Jeff.



He showed up, willing to help, but we didn't have much for him to do until Thursday, and by then he was due at Genki Sushi for a shift. But he and I got to share some nachos and a drink, so it's all good.

Spent my evenings watching movies I'd downloaded of iTunes, and remembering why I forgot "The Mummy Returns": it sucks!

And now I'm set to wait until nightfall. I have my stash of fireworks and rum - nuthin' says "Independence" quite like drinkin' and blowin' stuff up. The way the Founders intended.

Yeehaw. See you on Monday.

No comments: