Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Your very own bailout...

Wow. I'm mad as...heck...

I tried to write a blog post last week. But I couldn't publish it. Was too angry.

My point was that prices are going up. And it ain't right. And it ain't fair. But that's the situation. It'll be toner cartridges and headphones in the short term. More to come, I'm sure.

And I HATE raising prices. Why? Because I love you guys. I really do. I firmly believe and try to instill in everyone I hire that we work here for the sole purpose to support and enhance the academic experience of the students of the University of Hawaii. And I know how broke college kids are (it wasn't THAT long ago I was one of you), and I know departments are strapped for cash. And the price of everything you need to keep body and soul together is high and going higher.

So I HATE raising my prices and making you feel any more squeezed than you already are. But what makes me EVEN angrier is the government handing out BILLIONS - even a HALF-TRILLION just this week - to bail out the lying, cheating, stealing bankers and pin-striped bandits on Wall Street while you people get the shaft.

So, I'm very HAPPY to give you - my lovely, wonderful, loyal customers - a bailout of your very own. You want cheap iPods? How's $49 for a 4GB 2nd gen nano, $79 for an 8GB nano or $129 for an 80GB 5G iPod sound? Cheap computers? How about we take $100 bucks off your MacBooks, $150 off iMacs and $200 off MacBook Pros?

Cheap not good enough for you? How about FREE?

October 15th we're gonna host the first of what I hope becomes an annual tech fair here at Manoa. Apple, Dell and Sony are gonna offer up FREE laptops as prizes. Also plenty of free prizes from Logitech, Adobe, Case Logic, Belkin, MobileEdge, Speck, and more.

Lots more.

Thanks to Joe from D&H Distributing for helping make this happen. He's AWESOME, and he's coming all the way from PA because I told him how cool you all are, and I hope you all get to meet and share some aloha with him. Come to Campus Center from 10-2 on the 15th. Challenge our Dell rep on Guitar Hero. Show some Sony love. Test your Apple smarts. Get free stuff and have fun.

Save the date - see you there!

No comments: